- MELETUSNYA PERISTIWA SEMANTAN
- TUN DR. MAHATHIR DICALON SEBAGAI PENERIMA HADIAH KEAMANAN NOBEL 2006
- Establishment On Federal Military College In Port Dickson
- Perasmian Asas Muzium Sejarah Negeri Melaka
- Perjanjian Menubuhkan Tabung ASEAN Ditandatangani
- Raja Ismail Menyerang Kelang
- Rayuan Supaya Sultan Ibrahim Al-Yunusi Tidak Menandatangani Perjanjian Penubuhan "Malayan Union"
- Akhbar Majlis Mula Diterbitkan
PENAWAR - The First Medical Centre To Use The Dinier Machine
On this day in 1988, the Subang Medical Centre became the first in this country to use the Dinier Machine which was a non-invasive apparatus to treat gallstones. This Dinier Machine was bought from Germany at a cost of $3.5 million ringgit. This machine used the Extracorporesl Shock Waves Lithotripy (ESWL) method which employed Shock Waves to break the gallstones. The advancement in the current medical research had produced new technology and modern equipment to treat illnesses. The usage of this modern equipment could lead to easy, quick and safe treatment for patients. Until now, the Subang Medical Centre succeeded in treating 60 patients using this method. The cost for this treatment including care was $3,500 ringgit. The innovations for medical equipment had helped many patients besides reducing fatal risks among patients.